Tuesday, May 11, 2004

I arrived home Friday night, and since then I don't feel like I've even had a chance to breathe. We bought a new house in the Pine Creek area, and we plan to move in on May 27th . . . or some day close to may 27th (it's still under construction). My parents are frantically trying to pack, fix up the yard, and work with the people building our new house (I had no idea that choosing tile was such a big deal). Our realtor was unable to sell our current house, so my parents decided that we will keep the house but rent it out. In a year or two, once I have a stable job, I'll be able to rent the house from my parents. That will be quite awesome. Of course, I doubt that I'll be able to come up with $1,000 per month on my own, so I guess I'll have to find some friends to live with me (which would actually be pretty cool).
Every day, random people stop by to look at our house to see if they would like to rent it. This is extremely irritating. For one thing, we have to keep the house super-clean at all times (an exceedingly difficult task since we're trying to move). This afternoon, I was taking a nap in my bedroom and someone knocked on the door and woke me up. I mumbled a few expletives as they opened the door. It was our realtor with a family wanting to inspect my room. It's an interesting experience to be awakened in your own room by strangers.

No comments: