Monday, July 03, 2006

Reading News

It's been far too long since I've listed the novels and plays I've been reading, so here they are!

The Defense (Vladimir Nabokov): 82%

A Passage to India (E.M. Forster): 89%

Mrs. Dalloway (Virginia Woolf): 97%

The Scarlet Letter (Nathaniel Hawthorne): 69%

The Great Gatsby (F. Scott Fitzgerald): 74%

Interpreter of Maladies (Jhumpa Lahiri): 93%

Why Not Me? (Al Franken): 72%

Einstein’s Dreams (Alan Lightman): 83%

Huckleberry Finn (Mark Twain): 70%

Volpone (Ben Jonson): 71%

The Awakening (Kate Chopin): 62%

Moll Flanders (Daniel Defoe): 46%

Endgame (Samuel Beckett): 56%

The Dumbwaiter (Harold Pinter): 61%

The Basement (Harold Pinter): 63%

Homecoming (Harold Pinter): 70%

The Real Inspector Hound (Tom Stoppard): 81%

Dogg’s Hamlet & Cahoot’s Macbeth (Tom Stoppard): 73%

Travesties (Tom Stoppard): 89%

Arcadia (Tom Stoppard): 90%

Shakespeare plays: (And no, I will not rate them because I'd rather not have Jared accuse me of blasphemy!)

Romeo and Juliet, Troilus and Cressida, Hamlet, Macbeth, King Lear, Cymbeline, The Winter's Tale, The Tempest.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have never read Troilus and Cressida or Cymbeline, but King Lear is my favorite of the tragedies, followed closely by Hamlet. He's one of the best writers ever, for sure, but that doesn't mean all of his plays make for compelling reading.

--Blame Jared--

Anonymous said...

Macbeth is still my favorite, and Troilus and Cressida is my least favorite by far.

Andy