My parents have returned from their trip, and everything is back to normal. The worst thing that happened while they were gone was that I burned a quesadilla (I guess I'm finally growing up, since the past times they've left us home alone we've had much worse accidents).
Finals week begins Monday. I don't expect any of my finals to be too difficult, but I have a few hundred pages to read for various classes that I've been trying to avoid for many weeks. On Friday I'll be able to register for classes, and I'm excited because now I'll be able to get into junior and senior level literature and grammar courses.
World of Warcraft, the brand new massively-multiplayer-online-role-playing game (MMORPG), has been stealing a good portion of my free time. In the past I've stayed away online games of this sort, mostly because my internet connection sucked and I didn't want to pay monthly fees for the game. Now that I have a good connection and a steady job, I have embraced the MMO world (and the fact that WoW received a 9.5 from GameSpot helped sway me). World of Warcraft is a superb game with a vivid environment, deep roleplaying system, powerful items, and a seemingly infinite amount of quests (I could pile on more adjectives, but you get the point). I'm playing as a Dwarven Paladin, and as of now I'm level 18. I don't even want to think about how many hours it's taken me to make it this far. The scope and size of the game are staggering, and I constantly feel very small. I was especially depressed when I saw a level 30 pie vendor in one city. Must . . . reach . . . level . . . nineteen.
Sitting in chairs in taverns is great fun . . . for a little while
Underwater copper mining: an invaluable skill
Gryphons are a great way to get around
So pretty
Level 20 orcs are tough
No comments:
Post a Comment